It’s been a little while since I took an exam so I’d thought I’d have a go at 70-761.
It covers a lot of the same material that was covered in 70-461 which was based on SQL Server 2012. 70-761 is based on SQL Server 2016 so I’m going to write about a few of the newer features in 2016 as part of my exam prep.
There is a good video on Pluralsight named “SQL Server 2016 New Features for Developers” by Leonard Lobel that covers the new features well.
Below are some details on some of the new features
- Dynamic Data Masking (this is not covered in 70-761 but is useful to know)
- JSON support
I’ve also been working through the 70-761 guidebook by Itzik Ben-Gan and there are a few bits I’m less familiar with that I’m going to write about to make sure I fully understand them
- ALL ANY SOME with subqueries
- GROUPING SETS (and ROLLUP & CUBE) and GROUPING_ID
- Paging in T-SQL: OFFSET and FETCH
- TOP (x) WITH TIES
- Truncate partition
- TRY_CAST, TRY_CONVERT, TRY_PARSE
- Window Functions
- Date and Time Functions
- IIF (Inline IF Function)
- CHOOSE Function
- String Functions