My name is Simon Peacock and I have been in the IT industry since 2001 (so quite a while) and have been working solely with Microsoft SQL Server for the last 5 years or so. About a year ago I realised I was coasting and wasn’t too bothered about developing my career and becoming “better” at SQL Server. I spent too much time socialising with family and friends and playing and organising rugby (I’m a player and the club secretary) and was just happy to do a good enough job to get by and not push myself.
I’ve decided to change this and have been working on enhancing my knowledge of SQL Server. I took the 70-433 (MS SQL Server 2008, Database Development) and 70-451 (PRO: Designing Database Solution and Data Access Using SQL Server 2008) exams in November 2012. This gave me the “MCITP: Database Developer 2008” certification.
I am now working through the SQL Server 2012 exams. I have passed the following:
- 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
and am planning to take the following in the near future:
- 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – to give me the “MCSA: SQL Server 2012” certification
- 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – to give me the “MCSE: Data Platform” certification.
I’ve decided to set up this blog to track my progress and use it to post anything useful I find or anything new I learn.
I will be doing this while continuing to spend time with my partner and two children, my friends and family, and still playing rugby and being club secretary.